Our Yakima community faces COVID‑19, or the novel coronavirus, together. Act now to protect your family and help our community re-open safely. This site offers guidance on how you can help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and be a part of moving our community forward.
The Yakima Health District says the best approach is to act as though you have the virus.
- Stay home, or limit how often you go out, to prevent spreading the virus to others.
- In public, wear a mask to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- While around those that are not a part of your household, maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, cover your cough, and sanitize surfaces.
Mask Up to Open Up
Yakima can only move through its re-opening phases if the county shows a significant drop in the coronavirus infection rate. To do this, we must work together and wear masks. Wearing a mask will reduce the spread of the virus.
COVID-19 spreads through droplets in the air from coughing or sneezing, and you can spread the virus even without experiencing symptoms.
- Minimizes the spread of your sneeze or cough
- Releases fewer germs into the air
- Protects more people from your germs
Let’s all take part in keeping our community safe and re-opening Yakima.
Spread the Facts, Not the Virus...
Share these resources to encourage others to follow these simple, life-saving precautions and to help re-open Yakima quickly and safely.
(Click the "+" or the dark blue titles below to see available resources.)